We are looking for innovative start-ups from the Indian Subcontinent who go the extra mile to move forward their ideas despite all odds in the competitive tourism start-up landscape and the challenging times that industry faces due to Covid-19.
YOUR START-UP NEEDS TO
Accelerate innovation and solve a real problem
Show scalability potential and traction
Count on great team and passion for the industry
Founded after 2016 & based in the region
YOUR TEAM NEEDS TO HAVE
Ice water in your veins
Remaining optimistic, confident and moving forward despite all odds.
Game of the inches mindset
Staying focused and achieving results, even if it’s one inch at a time.
Covid-19 related restrictions and rules
- You need to comply with the Indian rules and restrictions regarding Covid-19
- You need to comply with the Covid-19 protocol during the Camp & Summit
- You may be required to show a proof of vaccination or negative test
Please note that if due to Covid-19 regulations, you need to quarantine, we will not be able to cover any associated costs. If you are among the finalists and you are not able to come to Delhi, we may offer you the opportunity to pitch online.
THE START-UP RACE TO
Business models challenging the Status Quo by tapping on the potential of:
- Downstream Space Technologies
Understanding and responding to consumer changing behaviour will be essential to the recovery of the hospitality sector. We are looking for start-ups to accelerate the race to:
- Transforming the hospitality industry and providing innovative accommodation options and useful tools for both providers and users
- Achieving Net Zero CO2 Emissions Buildings, sustainable design and construction solutions
- Integrating circular economy models and services
To ensure that mobility needs of the current generation will not be met at the expense of future generations, mobility needs to be equitable, efficient, safe and climate responsive. We are searching for solutions that will help in the race to:
- Achieving a net-zero-emission economy by 2030
- Improving the planning and efficiency of public transport means
- Reducing congestion and citizen frustration
- Optimizing parking spaces and their management
- Connecting rural areas and vulnerable groups
Start-ups with solutions positively influencing society and social causes such as:
- Preserving the local culture heritage and strengthening communities
- Empowering tourists to discover destinations in a more responsible and sustainable way
- Transforming the way we experience a destination including our own home cities
- Connecting and respecting local communities and nature
The competition call will run from 30 August to 16 November 2021 (deadline extended). An International Panel of Judges will shortlist 40 start-ups (10 per track) who will compete to get into TOP 3.
12 Finalists (3 per track) will be invited to participate in the Start-Up Innovation Camp and pitch at the Innovate for India Summit to take place on 15-16 December in Taj Mahal Palace in New Delhi, India.